Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall accidents are a fairly common occurrence. Sometimes, your slip or trip may be because you simply failed to look where you were going and other times, it may be due to existing dangerous conditions in a property. Such conditions include:

  • slippery floors
  • broken stairs
  • poorly lit stairways
  • accumulated debris
  • cracks and holes on the floor
  • an unseen improperly placed object

In order to be successful in a slip and fall claim, you need to establish that your injuries were due to the negligence of the property owner, therefore making the property owner liable for your injuries and other losses suffered.
A successful slip and fall accident claim may entitle the victim to medical expenses, rehabilitation and medication expenses, lost wages, loss of income and future earnings, pain and suffering and emotional distress.

What to do following a slip and fall accident
Preservation of evidence following a slip and fall claim is important. You should carefully examine the area where you slipped or tripped and take photos to show that a dangerous condition that caused your injuries existed at the time of the accident.

You should also see a doctor immediately even if you think you sustained only minor injuries. This is because the severity of some injuries such as fractures are often not immediately apparent. In addition, you would need a doctor’s report as part of the evidence to be filed in your potential claim.

Choosing a Connecticut Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
The Connecticut Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer at The Law Office of Tina Sypek D’Amato has the knowledge and experience required to help our clients build a strong and successful case. We are passionate about our work and our clients and will work very hard to get you the compensation you deserve.

If you’ve been involved in a trip or slip and fall accident, you should know that you may be entitled to compensation. We have the resources required to investigate cases and will leave no stone unturned in our investigation.

You may contact us for a free consultation by phone or e-mail or simply complete our contact request form.